Space Base - Brick & Mortar retail store PROMO
The New Dice Game from John D. Clair
Wednesday March 21, 2018
As the release for Space Base approaches, we wanted to communicate a special offer you can provide to your brick & mortar retail store accounts!
Two years ago we did a special promotion for John D. Clair's first AEG game, the ORIGINS Award Winning Mystic Vale. We made the game available to retailers on a returnable basis for a period of time around the release window. Mystic Vale became our best-selling all-new game for 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Retailers sold more units during the first 60 days than any other game we have released.
What Is Space Base?
Space Base is an exciting tableau building, dice rolling, result manipulation game. Players have the choice of building high risk high reward space bases, or can take on low risk with consistent rewards strategy. Every roll of the dice matters. On your turn you roll dice, gain awards and buy new ships, On all other players turns you get rewards for ships launched from your base. How you stack the different numbers creates the engine you need to win the game.
"The flow was fast, the decisions were interesting and I’d very happily play it again."
Matt Lees from Shut Up & Sit Down
“This game rocks! Machi Koro on steroids.“
James M Wegener.
What is the Marketing Plan?
ZERO-RISK RETAILER ORDERS
All brick & mortar retail stores that purchase 11 copies in their initial order will receive a free demo copy (limit one per store). We will partner with the distributors to provide 60 days of returnability from the release date. (NOTE: 12 copies is two cases of the game.)
• We will have Space Base at GAMA for retailers to swing by our booth and demo to see for themselves what a hit this is going to be. We will have several hundred copies at GAMA to give away to Retailers to raise awareness.
• Our Vanguard Club has been activated to promote Space Base. Vanguard club members have signed up to receive advance copies of Space Base and they're going to be working with retailers to demo the game and teach people how to play.
• We have a suite of advertisements & promotions planned including a spread across BoardGameGeek between March and April.
• Our influencer network has been activated. Rahdo Runs Through is confirmed for Space Base, as is As a Boardgamer. Additional influencer connections are planned and will be announced and cross-promoted on our social media channels as they are confirmed.
• We will also be running our standard marketing playbook for Space Base which includes features in our monthly email newsletter (50,000+ recipients), a front page feature on our website, a banner on our Facebook group (more than 13,000 participants), Twitter messages (almost 19,000 followers), and a variety of other advertising & promotional connections with partners, friends and influencers.
Thank you, and we look forward to building Space Bases with all of you!
PREORDER SPACE BASE