Speed Dueling: A New Way to Play the Physical TCG
Written by: Konami Digital Entertainment
Thursday October 04, 2018
Today we are going to be looking into our upcoming new products; Speed Duel Starter Decks: Destiny Masters and Duelists of Tomorrow.
For those of you who may not have tried out Speed Dueling before here is a summary of the rules.
The standard rules of Speed Dueling is not too different from regular Duels, the summary of the changes are as follows: –
- Each player begins the game with 4000 LP (Life Points)
- Each player starts the game with 4 cards in the starting hand
- The Main Deck size is 20 to 30 cards
- 5 cards maximum size in the Extra Deck
- Each player has 1 Skill Card
- Skill Card’s effects do not use the chain
- Extra Deck monsters can be placed in the Main Monster Zone (there are no Extra Monster Zones on the field)
- Each player has 3 Main Monster Zones, 3 Spell and Trap Zones, 1 Field Zone and a Graveyard.
The first player doesn’t draw on their first turn, the hand size limit is 6. Both players can have an active Field Spell Card and a maximum of 3 copies of any card with the same name in both the Main Deck and the Extra Deck.
Each player will have one Skill Card that they place near the Dueling field at the start of the Duel.
There is no Main Phase 2, so remember to set any Spells or Traps you want to use before you enter your Battle Phase!